10 Reasons Why Men Won't Commit
1. Men can get sex without marriage more easily than in times past;
2. Men can enjoy the benefits of having a wife by cohabiting rather than marrying;
3. Men want to avoid divorce and its financial risks;
4. Men want to wait until they are older to have children. This is a simple justification to not think about this;
5. Men fear that marriage will require too many changes and compromises to their current life style;
6. Men are waiting for their soul mate to show-up in their life, but she has not yet appeared;
7. Today there are fewer social pressures to marry, for example, having children outside of marriage is no longer stigmatized;
8. Men are reluctant to marry a woman who already has children;
9. Men want to own a house and develop their career before they get a wife;
10. Men want to enjoy single life as long as they can.
The State of Our Unions 2002 - The Social Health of Our Marriage in America.
This data is taken from research carried out in the U.S.A., these findings nevertheless are similar to our experiences here in Australia.