1300 48 62 63
To do list...for a good Relationship
Experienced marriage and relationship counsellors have identified a number of components that are important to successful long-term relationships for couples.
- Investing time into the relationship;
- Share a sense of teamwork along with shared goals:
- Remembering the good things their partner does for them and to not focus on the negative;
- Put energy and effort into building on the positives:- discovering, learning and practising the skills that create warmth, love, and fun in the relationship;
- Addressing and healing hurts, frustrations and conflicts:- these are not a sign of a troubled or bad relationship but are normal and expected;
- How these are handled will determine whether healing happens or the hurts keep occurring;
- Engaging in positive use of humour in the relationship;
- Learn how to use the conflicts and frustrations to deepen and enhance the relationship;
- Successful relationships require a lot of skill and a lot of work;
- Loving your partner fully will require personal development and growth;
- Learning the skills of being gentle with each other;
- Actively respect and support their partners dreams and aspirations;
- Experiencing an aliveness of romance and sexual togetherness that continues within the relationship;
- Avoiding and working through damaging emotions rather than holding and using these against the other.
- Compare your Relationship
- What so successful couples do?
Copyright Humaneed 2014